Construction managers work on construction projects. They make plan about budgets, time and methods. The supervise the projects. They work with clients, architects, engineers and other construction specialists.
• Prepare construction schedule, contract, budget and reports.
• Select construction methods.
• Meet with owners, contractors, and other people work for the projects.
• Explain contract and plans.
• Solve problems.
• Inspect or review Projects.
Where and When:
• Most work out of a field office at the construction site.
• Most work full time. Also can be on call 24 hours a day.
What or Who They Work With:
• Construction workers
• Building and safety codes
• Buildings and construction sites
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree in construction science, construction management, architecture or engineering.
Architectural and Engineeing Managers
Appraisers of Real Estate
Related School Subjects:
TOBY BOLAND AND THE BLACKSTONE CANAL by Thomas L. Rooney
THE ROAD BUILDERS by B.G. Hennessy
YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO WORK ON THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE! by Ratliff, Salariya, and Bergin
IGGY PECK, ARCHITECT by Andrea Beaty and David Roberts
HOW A HOUSE IS BUILT by Gail Gibbons
MACHINES AT WORK BOARD BOOK by Byron Barton
A KID'S GUIDE TO BUILDING FORTS
SKYSCRAPERS!: SUPER STRUCTURES TO DESIGN & BUILD by Carl A. Johmann and Michael P. Kline
THE ART OF CONSTRUCTION: PROJECTS AND PRINCIPLES FOR BEGINNING ENGINEERS & ARCHITECTS by Mario Salvadori