Delivery truck drivers drive trucks, and may also pick up and drop off packages.
• Load and unload their cargo.
• Report incidents and problems.
• Follow traffic laws.
• Keep truck clean.
• Handle payments, receipts and notices.
• Plan routes.
Where and When:
• They drive a truck for long time.
• Most work full time and many work additional hours.
What or Who They Work With:
Education and Training:
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• On-the-job training and class about company policies.
Related School Subjects:
• Driver's Training
BIG BOOK OF THINGS THAT GO by DK Publishing
I'M A TRUCK DRIVER by Jonathan London and David Parkins
TRUCK DRIVER TOM by Monica Wellington
RICHARD SCARRY'S CARS AND TRUCKS AND THINGS THAT GO by Richard Scarry
SEYMOUR SIMON'S BOOK OF TRUCKS by Seymour Simon
ILLUSTRATED TIMELINE OF TRANSPORTATION (VISUAL TIMELINES IN HISTORY) by Kremena Spengler and Eldon Doty
HENRY FORD: YOUNG MAN WITH IDEAS (CHILDHOOD OF FAMOUS AMERICANS SERIES) by Hazel B. Aird