Teach a person or a group of people different exercises and sports.
• Show people how to do exercises or how to play a sport.
• Watch how someone does the exercise or sport and help them to do it better.
• Plan exercise routine.
• Help people to breathe better during exercise.
• Know all the rules for safety.
• Give first aid if someone gets hurt.
Where and When:
• Colleges and Universities
• Town and County Governments
• Nursing Homes
• Resorts and spas
What or Who They Work With:
• Balance beams or boards
• First aid supplies
• Exercise balls
• Treadmills and bikes
Education and Training:
• Most Fitness Trainers have some college, and many have a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Physical Education, or Sports Medicine.
- Coach and Scout
- Fish and Game Warden
- Recreation Worker
Related School Subjects:
• Health and P.E.
FROM HEAD TO TOE by Eric Carle
THE BUSY BODY BOOK: A KID'S GUIDE TO FITNESS by Lizzy Rockwell
JUST GOOD FOR YOU (LITTLE CRITTERS) by Mercer Mayer