Prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
• Measure, mix, count out, label, and record amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders.
• Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
• Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
• Clean and help maintain equipment or work areas.
• Operate cash registers to accept payment from customers.
• Answer pharmacy telephones, responding to questions or requests.
Where and When:
• Work in a Pharmacy.
• May work varying hours.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with medications and prescriptions.
• Work with pharmacy costumers who need prescriptions filled.
• Work with a Pharmacist.
Education and Training:
• Most have a High School Diploma.
• Some have additional school and on-the-job training.
Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
Related School Subjects:
Science, Math, Health and P.E.
The Apothecary by Christine Petersen
You Wouldn’t Want to be Sick in the 16th Century! by Kathryn Senior
Jonas Salk and the Polio Vaccine (Graphic Library: Inventions and Discovery) by Katherine E. Krohn