Plan and direct the storage and distribution operations within a company.
• Supervise workers.
• Plan and set-up warehouse safety programs.
• Review work orders and invoices.
• Schedule pickups and deliveries.
• Train warehouse workers.
• Respond to shipping questions and complaints from customers.
Where and When:
• Usually work inside.
• Usually work 40 hours per week.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with employees.
• Work with customers.
Education and Training:
• Most have a Bachelor's degree.
• Most have many years of related work experience.
• Many receive on-the-job, on-site, training.
Industrial Production Managers
Related School Subjects:
Math, writing, reading, and social studies
RICHARD SCARRY'S A DAY AT THE AIRPORT by Richard Scarry
THE NOISY AIRPLANE RIDE by Mike Downs
BIG BOOK OF THINGS THAT GO by DK Publishing
I'M A TRUCK DRIVER by Jonathan London and David Parkins
ILLUSTRATED TIMELINE OF TRANSPORTATION (VISUAL TIMELINES IN HISTORY) by Kremena Spengler and Eldon Doty
TRANSPORTATION: FROM WALKING TO HIGH-SPEED RAIL (TIMELINE HISTORY) by Elizabeth Raum
HENRY FORD: YOUNG MAN WITH IDEAS (CHILDHOOD OF FAMOUS AMERICANS SERIES) by Hazel B. Aird