Drive automobiles, vans, or limousines to transport passengers.
• Test vehicle to ensure it works properly.
• Drive limousines, company cars, or privately owned vehicles to transport passengers.
• Pick up passengers at prearranged locations.
• Provide passengers assistance when entering and exiting vehicles, and help them with any luggage.
• Arrange to pick up particular customers or groups on a regular schedule.
Where and When:
• May work in various locations.
• May work irregular hours.
• May work all days of the week.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with customers.
• May work with a dispatcher.
Education and Training:
• May require a certain number of driving experience and training.
• May require to be over 21 years old.
• Must have a special license called a "hack" license.
• May need a commercial driver's license as well.
Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendant
Tour Guides and Escorts
Related School Subjects:
Math, geography, and social studies
RICHARD SCARRY'S A DAY AT THE AIRPORT by Richard Scarry
THE NOISY AIRPLANE RIDE by Mike Downs
BIG BOOK OF THINGS THAT GO by DK Publishing
I'M A TRUCK DRIVER by Jonathan London and David Parkins
TRUCK DRIVER TOM by Monica Wellington
RICHARD SCARRY'S CARS AND TRUCKS AND THINGS THAT GO by Richard Scarry
SEYMOUR SIMON'S BOOK OF TRUCKS by Seymour Simon
ILLUSTRATED TIMELINE OF TRANSPORTATION (VISUAL TIMELINES IN HISTORY) by Kremena Spengler and Eldon Doty
TRANSPORTATION: FROM WALKING TO HIGH-SPEED RAIL (TIMELINE HISTORY) by Elizabeth Raum
HENRY FORD: YOUNG MAN WITH IDEAS (CHILDHOOD OF FAMOUS AMERICANS SERIES) by Hazel B. Aird