Diagnose mental and emotional disorders of individuals through observation, interview, and psychological tests, and formulate programs of treatment.
• Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnose disorders.
• Develop and implement individual treatment plans.
• Assist clients in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective development and adjustment.
• Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations.
Where and When:
• Work in clinical settings such as mental health treatment centers and hospitals.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with individuals, groups, and families suffering from mental illness, or mental or emotional problems.
Education and Training:
• Most have a Doctoral Degree.
• Most have years of experience.
Child, Family, and School Social Worker
Related School Subjects:
Science, Health and P.E., Social Studies
THE BERENSTAIN BEARS VISIT THE DOCTOR by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
INSIDE YOUR OUTSIDE: ALL ABOUT THE HUMAN BODY by Tish Rave
SUSAN LAUGHS by Jeanne Wills
MY BROTHER CHARLIE by Holly Robinson-Peete and Ryan Elizabeth Peete
THE APOTHECARY by Cristine Petersen
YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SICK IN THE 16TH CENTURY! by Kathryn Senior
GIFTED HANDS, KIDS EDITION: THE BEN CARSON STORY by Gregg Lewis and Deborah Shaw Lewis