Computer Security Specialists protect computers, data, and information.
• Protect data in computer files.
• Make plans to protect computers.
• Install new software.
• Train others to use the computer with security systems.
Where and When:
-Most work in offices.-Some travel to help others with computer problems.-Many work for businesses.-Some may work for small companies.-Many may work during the weekdays.-Some may work at night and during the weekends.
What or Who They Work With:
• Local Area Networks
• Many may work alone fixing computers.
• Some may work with others.
Education and Training:
• Most must have a bachelor's (4 year degree).
• Some may have a master's (6 year degree).
• Few have some college classes and no degree.
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Network Systems Analyst
Related School Subjects:
• Computer Technology
- Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners by Warren Sande and Carter Sande
- Mousetracks: A Kid's Computer Idea Book by Peggy L. Steinhauswer (Illustrator)
- The Savvy Cyber Kids At Home: The Family Gets A Computer by Ben Halpert
- Franklin and the Computer (A Franklin TV Storybook) Inc. Kids Can Press
- Arthur's Computer Disaster by Marc Brown
- PBS Kids Codebreaker Odd Squad
- Cryptokids www.nsa.gov/kids
- Attorney General's Government Internet Safety Page Grades K-5 http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/kid_site/documents/elementaryschool/InternetSafetyTips.pdf
- Girls Go Tech Drag and Drop Digital Art by the Girl Scouts