Surgical Technologists help doctors and nurses when they have to operate on someone.
• Sets up operating room.
• Makes sure there is enough light for doctors and nurses.
• Helps patients get ready for the operation.
• Hands doctors and nurses tools during operation.
• Counts tools used during the operation to make sure everything is there.
Where and When:
• Hospital operating rooms
• They normally work regular hours, but sometimes may have to work at night because of emergencies.
What or Who They Work With:
• Doctors and nurses
• Laser equipment
Education and Training:
• Most Surgical Technologists attend a special certificate program (1-2 years), but some are able to receive on-the-job training.
• Many people doing this job have an Associates' Degree.
- Radiation Therapist
- Dental Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
Related School Subjects:
• Health and P.E.
YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SICK IN THE 16th CENTURY! by Kathryn Senior
GOODBYE TONSILS! by by Craig Hatkoff, Juliana Hatkoff, and Marilyn Mets