Chemical technicians work with scientists to test solids, liquids, and gasses to make new materials and chemicals.
• test materials and chemicals
• write results of tests
• set up experiments
• clean and fix lab equipment
• order and record lab supplies
Where and When:
• Most work in labs with scientists at companies.
• Most work 40 hours a week Monday -Friday.
• Some may work nights and weekends.
What or Who They Work With:
• Fume hoods
• Gas burners
• Lab balances
• Lab flasks
• Lab pumps
• Writing software
• Spreadsheet software
• Most work with scientists and chemists.
Education and Training:
• Some people with this job have a high school diploma only.
• Some will have some college classes.
• Some will have a 2 year degree (Associate's) from a college.
- Food Science Technican
- Environmental Science Technician
- Chemical Equipment Operator
Related School Subjects:
- TIME for Kids Super Science Book by Lynnette Sandvoid
- My Big Science Book by Simon Mugford
- Science in Seconds for Kids: Over 100 Experiments you can do in ten minutes or less by Jean Potter
- Bartholomew and the Oobleck by Dr. Suess
- Everything Kids' Magical Science Experiments Book: Dazzle your friends and family by making magical things happen! by Tom Robinson