Computer Software Engineers create programs to run on computers.
• Improve old software programs
• Test new software programs
• Use science and math to create new software to help people do research
• Ask what kind of software needs to be created.
Where and When:
• Most work inside companies and business offices.
• Some may travel to meet others to determine what software needs to be created.
• Some work during the day and others may work at night.
• Many will work during the week and on weekends.
What or Who They Work With:
• Computer Servers
• Flash Drives
• Integrated Circuit Testers
• Logic Analyzers
• Notebook Computers
• Other engineers
• Business People
• Computer Programmers
• Computer Technicians
Education and Training:
• Most must have a Bachelor's degree (4 years).
• Some may have a Master's degree (6 years).
• Few may have an Associate's degree (2 years).
Related School Subjects:
Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners by Warren Sande and Carter Sande
Mousetracks: A Kid's Computer Idea Book by Peggy L. Steinhauswer (Illustrator)
The Savvy Cyber Kids At Home: The Family Gets A Computer by Ben Halpert
Franklin and the Computer (A Franklin TV Storybook) Inc. Kids Can Press
Arthur's Computer Disaster by Marc Brown