Dietetic Technicians help dieticians to make sure patients are receiving the right nutrition for good health.
• They prepare a major meal, following recipes for healthy foods.
• They talk to patients to learn more about the way they eat and teach them how to eat better.
• They plan menus and test foods for good nutrition.
Where and When:
• Dietetic Technicians work in kitchens or labs.
• Hospitals, nursing homes, companies, and the government.
• They can work normal hours, but many times evenings and weekends are needed.
What or Who They Work With:
• Medical tape measures
Education and Training:
• A high school diploma is required
• Most Dietetic Technicians have at least an Associate's Degree
- Pharmacy Technician
- Surgical Technologist
Related School Subjects:
• Health and P.E.
DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DOCTOR by Linda Hayward
I WANT TO BE A NURSE by Helen Wells
THE SCHOOL NURSE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON by Mike Thaler and Jared Lee