Market Research Analysts look at items that are sold in an area. They look at the price or an item, where it is sold, how it is sold, and who buys it. Then they make a report to decide how to sell the item best in an area.
• Gather data
• Write reports
• Go to meetings
• Read about stores and what they sell
Where and When:
Most market research analysts work a 40 hour week. Some may work on the weekends or at night finishing reports.Many may travel to different meetings with people. Many work in companies in office buildings. Some may work with computer companies, insurance companies, and healthcare companies.
What or Who They Work With:
• Mobile Phones
• Computer programs
• Most work with other analysts, managers, database administrators. Some work with teachers, environmental engineers, criminal investigators, chemists, and special agents.
Education and Training:
Four year bachelor's degree from a college. Many need to have worked for a few years in the area they are interested in.
Related School Subjects:
• Social Studies
• Computer Science
- The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
- Just Me and My Mom by Mercer Mayer
- Just Grandpa and Me by Mercer Mayer
- Just Shopping with Mom by Mercer Mayer
- Arthur's Pet Business