Core Tasks Include:
- Maintain order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
- Enforce courtroom rules of behavior and warn persons not to smoke or disturb court procedure.
- Report need for police or medical assistance to sheriff's office.
- Announce entrance of judge.
- Stop people from entering courtroom while judge charges jury.
- Screen persons entering courthouse using magnetometers, x-ray machines, and other devices to collect and retain unauthorized firearms and other contraband.
- Provide security by patrolling interior and exterior of courthouse and escorting judges and other court employees.
- Check courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies, such as notepads, for use by judge, jurors, and attorneys.
- Screen, control, and handle evidence and exhibits during court proceedings.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Guard lodging of sequestered jury.
- Provide jury escort to restaurant and other areas outside of courtroom to prevent jury contact with public.
- Escort prisoners to and from courthouse and maintain custody of prisoners during court proceedings.
- Maintain court docket.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.