Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants or lunchrooms, business or industrial establishments, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines, and accept payment or make change.
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
- Balance receipts and payments in cash registers.
- Wrap menu item such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Replenish foods at serving stations.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.2%
Less than a High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)