Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Provide guests with menus.
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
- Receive and record patrons' dining reservations.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
- Direct patrons to coatrooms and waiting areas such as lounges.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 4.1%
Less than a High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)