- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.6%
National: + 7.4%
Less than a High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)