Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Type billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms, using typewriters or computers.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Answer mail or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, or procedures.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)