New Accounts Clerks
- Answer customers' questions, and explain available services such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe-deposit boxes.
- Inform customers of procedures for applying for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees, and issue receipts using computers.
- Investigate and correct errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.4%
National: + 2.0%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)