Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- File and maintain records.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)