Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary
Core Tasks Include:
- Supervise and monitor students' use of tools and equipment.
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress, provide feedback, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Present lectures and conduct discussions to increase students' knowledge and competence using visual aids, such as graphs, charts, videotapes, and slides.
- Administer oral, written, or performance tests to measure progress and to evaluate training effectiveness.
- Prepare reports and maintain records, such as student grades, attendance rolls, and training activity details.
- Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work, or other training.
- Determine training needs of students or workers.
- Provide individualized instruction and tutorial or remedial instruction.
- Conduct on-the-job training classes or training sessions to teach and demonstrate principles, techniques, procedures, or methods of designated subjects.
- Develop curricula and plan course content and methods of instruction.
- Prepare outlines of instructional programs and training schedules and establish course goals.
- Integrate academic and vocational curricula so that students can obtain a variety of skills.
- Develop teaching aids, such as instructional software, multimedia visual aids, or study materials.
- Select and assemble books, materials, supplies, and equipment for training, courses, or projects.
- Advise students on course selection, career decisions, and other academic and vocational concerns.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, and training sessions to keep abreast of developments in the field, and integrate relevant information into training programs.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Serve on faculty and school committees concerned with budgeting, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
- Review enrollment applications and correspond with applicants to obtain additional information.
- Arrange for lectures by experts in designated fields.
- Acquire, maintain, and repair laboratory equipment and tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.