Biomass Power Plant Managers
Core Tasks Include:
- Manage parts and supply inventories for biomass plants.
- Monitor and operate communications systems, such as mobile radios.
- Supervise operations or maintenance employees in the production of power from biomass, such as wood, coal, paper sludge, or other waste or refuse.
- Review logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels and safe production environments or to identify abnormalities with power production equipment or processes.
- Review biomass operations performance specifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare reports on biomass plant operations, status, maintenance, and other information.
- Prepare and manage biomass plant budgets.
- Plan and schedule plant activities, such as wood, waste, or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal, and regular maintenance.
- Inspect biomass gasification processes, equipment, and facilities for ways to maximize capacity and minimize operating costs.
- Evaluate power production or demand trends to identify opportunities for improved operations.
- Supervise biomass plant or substation operations, maintenance, repair, or testing activities.
- Monitor the operating status of biomass plants by observing control system parameters, distributed control systems, switchboard gauges, dials, or other indicators.
- Conduct field inspections of biomass plants, stations, or substations to ensure normal and safe operating conditions.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Test, maintain, or repair electrical power distribution machinery or equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and testing devices.
- Compile and record operational data on forms or in log books.
- Adjust equipment controls to generate specified amounts of electrical power.
- Shut down and restart biomass power plants or equipment in emergency situations or for equipment maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Operate controls to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.