Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
- Track volume and weight of landfill waste.
- Recommend or implement practices to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of landfill site.
- Prepare reports on landfill operations and gas collection system productivity or efficiency.
- Diagnose or troubleshoot gas collection equipment and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Coordinate the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
- Read meters, gauges, or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify gas collection systems operating conditions.
- Supervise landfill, well field, and other subordinate employees.
- Prepare and manage landfill gas collection system budgets.
- Prepare soil reports as required by regulatory or permitting agencies.
- Oversee landfill gas collection system construction, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Optimize gas collection landfill operational costs and productivity consistent with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 0.8%
National: - 0.5%
Highest ($50,000 and up)