- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 1.1%
National: + 1.0%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)