Training and Development Managers
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 7.0%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)