Biofuels/Biodiesel Technology and Product Development Managers
Core Tasks Include:
- Develop lab scale models of industrial scale processes, such as fermentation.
- Provide technical or scientific guidance to technical staff in the conduct of biofuels research or development.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, experimental plans for biofuels research or development.
- Prepare biofuels research and development reports for senior management or technical professionals.
- Design or conduct applied biodiesel or biofuels research projects on topics such as transport, thermodynamics, mixing, filtration, distillation, fermentation, extraction, and separation.
- Conduct experiments on biomass or pretreatment technologies.
- Conduct experiments to test new or alternate feedstock fermentation processes.
- Analyze data from biofuels studies, such as fluid dynamics, water treatments, or solvent extraction and recovery processes.
- Oversee biodiesel/biofuels prototyping or development projects.
- Propose new biofuels products, processes, technologies or applications based on findings from applied biofuels or biomass research projects.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Develop computational tools or approaches to improve biofuels research and development activities.
- Develop carbohydrates arrays and associated methods for screening enzymes involved in biomass conversion.
- Perform protein functional analysis and engineering for processing of feedstock and creation of biofuels.
- Develop separation processes to recover biofuels.
- Develop methods to recover ethanol or other fuels from complex bioreactor liquid and gas streams.
- Develop methods to estimate the efficiency of biomass pretreatments.
- Design or execute solvent or product recovery experiments in laboratory or field settings.
- Design chemical conversion processes, such as etherification, esterification, interesterification, transesterification, distillation, hydrogenation, oxidation or reduction of fats and oils, and vegetable oil refining.
- Conduct research to breed or develop energy crops with improved biomass yield, environmental adaptability, pest resistance, production efficiency, bioprocessing characteristics, or reduced environmental impacts.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.