Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events, such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Review event bills for accuracy and approve payment.
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)