Information Security Analysts
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)