Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
- Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Estimate costs for system or component implementation and operation.
- Develop, maintain, or implement telecommunications disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, or compatibility with existing systems.
- Supervise maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- Review and evaluate requests from engineers, managers, and technicians for system modifications.
- Provide user support by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
- Prepare system activity and performance reports.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.5%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)