Computer Network Support Specialists
- Analyze network data to determine network usage, disk space availability, or server function.
- Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, multiplexers, or related networking equipment.
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Configure wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
- Document network support activities.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Install network software, including security or firewall software.
- Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 7.5%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)