Search Marketing Strategists
Core Tasks Include:
- Define product requirements, based on market research analysis, in collaboration with user interface design and engineering staff.
- Assist in the evaluation or negotiation of contracts with vendors or online partners.
- Propose online or multiple-sales-channel campaigns to marketing executives.
- Participate in the development or implementation of online marketing strategy.
- Coordinate sales or other promotional strategies with merchandising, operations, or inventory control staff to ensure product catalogs are current, accurate, and organized for best findability against user intent.
- Conduct market research analysis to identify search query trends, real-time search and news media activity, popular social media topics, electronic commerce trends, market opportunities, or competitor performance.
- Conduct financial modeling for online marketing programs or Web site revenue forecasting.
- Communicate and collaborate with merchants, Webmasters, bloggers, or online editors to strategically place hyperlinks.
- Collaborate with other marketing staff to integrate and complement marketing strategies across multiple sales channels.
- Optimize Web site exposure by analyzing search engine patterns to direct online placement of keywords or other content.
- Conduct online marketing initiatives, such as paid ad placement, affiliate programs, sponsorship programs, email promotions, or viral marketing campaigns on social media Web sites.
- Collect and analyze Web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition, or cost per click.
- Collaborate with web, multimedia, or art design staffs to create multimedia Web sites or other internet content that conforms to brand and company visual format.
- Assist in setting up or optimizing analytics tools for tracking visitors' behaviors.
- Combine secondary data sources with keyword research to more accurately profile and satisfy user intent.
- Coordinate with developers to optimize Web site architecture, server configuration, or page construction for search engine consumption and optimal visibility.
- Create content strategies for digital media.
- Evaluate new emerging media or technologies and make recommendations for their application within Internet marketing or search marketing campaigns.
- Execute and manage communications with digital journalists or bloggers.
- Execute or manage banner, video, or other non-text link ad campaigns.
- Execute or manage social media campaigns to inform search marketing tactics.
- Identify appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report key metrics from digital campaigns.
- Improve search-related activities through ongoing analysis, experimentation, or optimization tests, using A/B or multivariate methods.
- Manage tracking and reporting of search-related activities and provide analyses to marketing executives.
- Optimize digital assets, such as text, graphics, or multimedia assets, for search engine optimization (SEO) or for display and usability on internet-connected devices.
- Optimize shopping cart experience or Web site conversion rates against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Purchase or negotiate placement of listings in local search engines, directories, or digital mapping technologies.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Keep abreast of government regulations and emerging Web technology to ensure regulatory compliance by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Resolve product availability problems in collaboration with customer service staff.
- Implement online customer service processes to ensure positive and consistent user experiences.
- Identify, evaluate, or procure hardware or software for implementing online marketing campaigns.
- Identify methods for interfacing Web application technologies with enterprise resource planning or other system software.
- Assist in the development of online transactional or security policies.
- Prepare electronic commerce designs or prototypes, such as storyboards, mock-ups, or other content, using graphics design software.
- Identify and develop commercial or technical specifications, such as usability, pricing, checkout, or data security, to promote transactional internet-enabled commerce functionality.
- Develop transactional Web applications, using Web programming software and knowledge of programming languages, such as hypertext markup language (HTML) and extensible markup language (XML).
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.