Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
- Collaborate with architects or related professionals on whole building design to maximize the aesthetic features of structures or surrounding land and to improve energy efficiency.
- Create landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
- Design and integrate rainwater harvesting or gray and reclaimed water systems to conserve water into building or land designs.
- Identify and select appropriate sustainable materials for use in landscape designs, such as recycled wood or recycled concrete boards for structural elements or recycled tires for playground bedding.
- Confer with clients, engineering personnel, or architects on landscape projects.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
- Analyze data on conditions such as site location, drainage, or structure location for environmental reports or landscaping plans.
- Develop marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.
- Inspect landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, evaluate quality of materials or work, or advise clients or construction personnel.
- Present project plans or designs to public stakeholders, such as government agencies or community groups.
- Integrate existing land features or landscaping into designs.
- Manage the work of subcontractors to ensure quality control.
- Research latest products, technology, or design trends to stay current in the field.
- Inspect proposed sites to identify structural elements of land areas or other important site information, such as soil condition, existing landscaping, or the proximity of water management facilities.
- Develop planting plans to help clients garden productively or to achieve particular aesthetic effects.
- Collaborate with estimators to cost projects, create project plans, or coordinate bids from landscaping contractors.
- Prepare conceptual drawings, graphics, or other visual representations of land areas to show predicted growth or development of land areas over time.
- Provide follow-up consultations for clients to ensure landscape designs are maturing or developing as planned.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.