Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare, review, or update environmental investigation or recommendation reports.
- Obtain, update, or maintain plans, permits, or standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical support for environmental remediation or litigation projects, including remediation system design or determination of regulatory applicability.
- Monitor progress of environmental improvement programs.
- Inspect industrial or municipal facilities or programs to evaluate operational effectiveness or ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation, training staff, or performing other general administrative duties.
- Develop proposed project objectives and targets and report to management on progress in attaining them.
- Advise corporations or government agencies of procedures to follow in cleaning up contaminated sites to protect people and the environment.
- Advise industries or government agencies about environmental policies and standards.
- Inform company employees or other interested parties of environmental issues.
- Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on air, water, or land.
- Assist in budget implementation, forecasts, or administration.
- Develop site-specific health and safety protocols, such as spill contingency plans or methods for loading or transporting waste.
- Coordinate or manage environmental protection programs or projects, assigning or evaluating work.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, or local agencies or officials on issues pertaining to solid or hazardous waste program requirements.
- Prepare hazardous waste manifests or land disposal restriction notifications.
- Develop or present environmental compliance training or orientation sessions.
- Provide environmental engineering assistance in network analysis, regulatory analysis, or planning or reviewing database development.
- Design, or supervise the design of, systems, processes, or equipment for control, management, or remediation of water, air, or soil quality.
- Direct installation or operation of environmental monitoring devices or supervise related data collection programs.
- Prepare or present public briefings on the status of environmental engineering projects.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, experts in law or business, or other specialists to address environmental problems.
- Provide assistance with planning, quality assurance, safety inspection protocols, or sampling as part of a team conducting multimedia inspections at complex facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, or revise quality assurance documentation or procedures.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Develop, implement, or manage plans or programs related to conservation or management of natural resources.
- Assess, sort, characterize, or pack known or unknown materials.
- Request bids from suppliers or consultants.
- Write reports or articles for Web sites or newsletters related to environmental engineering issues.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.