- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- Monitor production rates, and plan rework processes to improve production.
- Analyze data to recommend placement of wells and supplementary processes to enhance production.
- Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, or well surveys.
- Assist engineering and other personnel to solve operating problems.
- Develop plans for oil and gas field drilling, and for product recovery and treatment.
- Maintain records of drilling and production operations.
- Confer with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve design, research, and testing problems.
- Write technical reports for engineering and management personnel.
- Evaluate findings to develop, design, or test equipment or processes.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.3%
National: + 9.7%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)