- Publish engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Oversee the work of contractors in accordance with project requirements.
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.4%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)