- Select, purchase, set up, operate, or troubleshoot state-of-the-art laser cutting equipment.
- Analyze, fabricate, or test fiber-optic links.
- Design electro-optical sensing or imaging systems.
- Design laser machining equipment for purposes such as high-speed ablation.
- Develop laser-processed designs, such as laser-cut medical devices.
- Determine commercial, industrial, scientific, or other uses for electro-optical applications or devices.
- Conduct research on new photonics technologies.
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of photonics systems or components.
- Design gas lasers, solid state lasers, infrared, or other light emitting or light sensitive devices.
- Determine applications of photonics appropriate to meet product objectives or features.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 1.3%
National: + 3.9%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)