Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Perform thermal, stress, or cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Design or develop vacuum tube collector systems for solar applications.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.4%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)