Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians
Core Tasks Include:
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain, and operate test setups and equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Record and interpret test data on parts, assemblies, and mechanisms.
- Confer with engineering personnel regarding details and implications of test procedures and results.
- Adjust, repair or replace faulty components of test setups and equipment.
- Identify required data, data acquisition plans and test parameters, setting up equipment to conform to these specifications.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Construct and maintain test facilities for aircraft parts and systems, according to specifications.
- Operate and calibrate computer systems and devices to comply with test requirements and to perform data acquisition and analysis.
- Test aircraft systems under simulated operational conditions, performing systems readiness tests and pre- and post-operational checkouts, to establish design or fabrication parameters.
- Fabricate and install parts and systems to be tested in test equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and test instruments.
- Finish vehicle instrumentation and deinstrumentation.
- Exchange cooling system components in various vehicles.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.