Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare and present summaries and analyses of survey data, including tables, graphs, and fact sheets that describe survey techniques and results.
- Consult with clients to identify survey needs and specific requirements, such as special samples.
- Analyze data from surveys, old records, or case studies, using statistical software.
- Review, classify, and record survey data in preparation for computer analysis.
- Conduct research to gather information about survey topics.
- Conduct surveys and collect data, using methods such as interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, market analysis surveys, public opinion polls, literature reviews, and file reviews.
- Collaborate with other researchers in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of surveys.
- Direct and review the work of staff members, including survey support staff and interviewers who gather survey data.
- Monitor and evaluate survey progress and performance, using sample disposition reports and response rate calculations.
- Produce documentation of the questionnaire development process, data collection methods, sampling designs, and decisions related to sample statistical weighting.
- Determine and specify details of survey projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of survey instruments and materials.
- Support, plan, and coordinate operations for single or multiple surveys.
- Direct updates and changes in survey implementation and methods.
- Hire and train recruiters and data collectors.
- Write training manuals to be used by survey interviewers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.