Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare or review engineering studies or specifications.
- Represent jurisdictions in the legislative or administrative approval of land development projects.
- Direct urban traffic counting programs.
- Develop or test new methods or models of transportation analysis.
- Analyze information from traffic counting programs.
- Review development plans for transportation system effects, infrastructure requirements, or compliance with applicable transportation regulations.
- Prepare reports or recommendations on transportation planning.
- Produce environmental documents, such as environmental assessments or environmental impact statements.
- Participate in public meetings or hearings to explain planning proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by projects, or to achieve consensus on project designs.
- Develop computer models to address transportation planning issues.
- Design transportation surveys to identify areas of public concern.
- Collaborate with engineers to research, analyze, or resolve complex transportation design issues.
- Recommend transportation system improvements or projects, based on economic, population, land-use, or traffic projections.
- Define regional or local transportation planning problems or priorities.
- Analyze information related to transportation, such as land use policies, environmental impact of projects, or long-range planning needs.
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop sustainable transportation strategies at the local, regional, or national level.
- Interpret data from traffic modeling software, geographic information systems, or associated databases.
- Design new or improved transport infrastructure, such as junction improvements, pedestrian projects, bus facilities, or car parking areas.
- Evaluate transportation project needs or costs.
- Prepare necessary documents to obtain planned project approvals or permits.
- Evaluate transportation-related consequences of federal or state legislative proposals.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Define or update information such as urban boundaries or classification of roadways.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.