Social Science Research Assistants
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Conduct internet-based and library research.
- Present research findings to groups of people.
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion.
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
- Code data in preparation for computer entry.
- Provide assistance in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.5%
National: + 4.4%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)