- Write advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast, or internet media to promote the sale of goods and services.
- Present drafts and ideas to clients.
- Discuss with the client the product, advertising themes and methods, and any changes that should be made in advertising copy.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product and medium.
- Consult with sales, media and marketing representatives to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy.
- Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary, and submit copy for approval by supervisor.
- Write to customers in their terms and on their level so that the advertiser's sales message is more readily received.
- Write articles, bulletins, sales letters, speeches, and other related informative, marketing and promotional material.
- Invent names for products and write the slogans that appear on packaging, brochures and other promotional material.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.5%
National: + 2.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)