- Observe, analyze, and record patients' participation, reactions, and progress during treatment sessions, modifying treatment programs as needed.
- Develop treatment plan to meet needs of patient, based on needs assessment, patient interests, and objectives of therapy.
- Encourage clients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting leisure activities, such as sports, games, arts and crafts, and gardening.
- Counsel and encourage patients to develop leisure activities.
- Confer with members of treatment team to plan and evaluate therapy programs.
- Conduct therapy sessions to improve patients' mental and physical well-being.
- Instruct patient in activities and techniques, such as sports, dance, music, art, or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their specific physical or psychological needs.
- Obtain information from medical records, medical staff, family members and the patients themselves to assess patients' capabilities, needs and interests.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.0%
National: + 6.8%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)