- Carry messages or documents between departments.
- Change soiled linens, such as bed linens, drapes, or cubicle curtains.
- Clean equipment, such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, or portable medical equipment, documenting needed repairs or maintenance.
- Disinfect or sterilize equipment or supplies, using germicides or sterilizing equipment.
- Lift or assist others to lift patients to move them on or off beds, examination tables, surgical tables, or stretchers.
- Respond to emergency situations, such as emergency medical calls, security calls, or fire alarms.
- Transport patients to treatment units, testing units, operating rooms, or other areas, using wheelchairs, stretchers, or moveable beds.
- Transport portable medical equipment or medical supplies between rooms or departments.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.6%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)