- Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
- Maintain inventories of endoscopic equipment and supplies.
- Perform safety checks to verify proper equipment functioning.
- Prepare suites or rooms according to endoscopic procedure requirements.
- Maintain or repair endoscopic equipment.
- Position or transport patients in accordance with instructions from medical personnel.
- Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of endoscopic procedures.
- Attend in-service training to validate or refresh basic professional skills.
- Collect specimens from patients using standard medical procedures.
- Conduct in-service training sessions to disseminate information regarding equipment or instruments.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in endoscopy.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)