First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- Select the most suitable cleaning materials for different types of linens, furniture, flooring, and surfaces.
- Instruct staff in work policies and procedures, and the use and maintenance of equipment.
- Issue supplies and equipment to workers.
- Forecast necessary levels of staffing and stock at different times to facilitate effective scheduling and ordering.
- Inventory stock to ensure that supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 9.9%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)