- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store, such as monitoring fitting rooms or bagging and carrying out customers' items.
- Supervise others and provide on-the-job training.
- Help customers find the location of products.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 1.5%
National: - 0.9%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)