Real Estate Sales Agents
- Present purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Confer with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
- Interview clients to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking.
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds, and leases.
- Coordinate property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other.
- Promote sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services.
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Coordinate appointments to show homes to prospective buyers.
- Generate lists of properties that are compatible with buyers' needs and financial resources.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.3%
National: + 5.8%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)