- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, or computer systems.
- Diagnose problems with installed equipment.
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 9.4%
National: + 6.9%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)