Gaming Cage Workers
Core Tasks Include:
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Maintain cage security.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Establish new computer accounts.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.